How Your Gift Benefits Older Adults
You can designate the cash value of any gift to support any need you would like to fulfill. Most donors choose from the funds listed below. Others indicate a specific purpose with their gift. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions about how to designate your gift.
Any of these gifts can be made as a tribute gift: a donation in honor or memory of a loved one, staff member or friend, or to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion.
- Covenant Endowment—a fund kept in perpetuity with earnings used to support charity assistance to residents who have exhausted their financial resources.
- Direct Charity Assistance —supports the immediate needs of residents receiving charity assistance from Morningside Ministries.
- Capital Needs—supports necessary repairs and construction of buildings and grounds and equipment purchases.
- Unrestricted—gifts with no specific designation of purpose by donors.
- Career Ladder—provides for employee training for improved resident care, personal development and career advancement opportunities.
- Morningside Ministries Training Institute—provides innovative, informative, and entertaining training opportunities about issues of caring for older adults and aging for professional and direct health care workers and family members.
- Enables Morningside Ministries to determine the most critical current needs and address them. These funds help the ministry offset emergency or unanticipated expenses, or enable us to take advantage of a special opportunity that has arisen.
- Donor Designated—donors always have the right to specify that their gifts will benefit a specific community, department or program. Frequently, these gifts are to honor the facility or to support a program where a loved one received care.
- Cash Gifts provide immediate financial support.
- Stock Shares are another source of funding that provides cash value and appreciated stock gifts can enable donors to avoid capital gains.
- Gifts in Kind can be valuable by providing usable equipment or other valuable items and services without the non-profit needing to spend funds to acquire those things. (Please call Jack Rodgers at (210) 734-1050 to determine if your intended gift is appropriate for Morningside Ministries.)
- Recurring gifts provide a consistent and reliable source of income. They can occur on any interval chosen by the donor, usually monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Charitable Gift Annuities provide a donor with a source of consistent income and Morningside Ministries, as a beneficiary, receives the residual value of the annuity.
- Bequests, included in a last will and testament, designate a specific amount or a percentage of the estate to benefit Morningside Ministries.
- Life Insurance and Gifts of Retirement Accounts are other ways to name Morningside Ministries as a beneficiary.
This information is intended for educational purposes only. For authoritative guidance, consult your professional legal or financial advisor.