March 5, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members, and Friends of Morningside Ministries,
We want to share with you how Morningside Ministries is handling concerns about the respiratory illness known as Coronavirus. Morningside Ministries is keeping track of the situation through proven and trustworthy sources: San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Texas Health and Human Services Commission, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We also benefit greatly from the guidance of our Medical Directors and other physicians who provide oversight and guidance to our community.
Below are some best practices for you to please consider that are effective not only in preventing the spread of the Coronavirus but also the common cold or flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Please don’t visit if you or someone you have been in close contact with has shown signs of the flu or cold recently
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Additionally, our campuses have implemented several steps including but not limited to:
- Increased sanitation rounds/wiping down of our buildings
- Daily use of our state of the art XENEX germ sterilizing machines
- Increased training of all staff to prevent spread of infection and to monitor for signs and symptoms of cold, flu, or Coronavirus
- Daily meetings to review current status of resident and employee health
There is no cause for panic. However, this is a great time to come together for the overall well-being of our community at Morningside and San Antonio/Boerne at large. We all have the same common goal: to enhance the dignity and quality of life for those we serve and share life with.
Below are some resources that may be helpful:
President and CEO,