September 24, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members, and Friends of Morningside Ministries,
This week we are reporting one positive staff member and one positive resident at The Meadows Skilled Nursing facility. Isolation and safety procedures remain in place at all our communities. In compliance with state and federal mandates, we are conducting weekly/monthly COVID-19 testing of our Skilled Nursing staff at both our communities. We are happy to report that no additional staff members have tested positive.
As you may have heard, the statewide ban on senior living visitations has been lifted. The Texas Health & Human Services Commission has created new rules and regulations surrounding visitations at all levels of living. Please know that we are working within those parameters to allow visitations at both of our communities however, those rules and regulations are subject to change as the situation continues to evolve. Current visitation opportunities are as follows:
- The Meadows Assisted Living community in San Antonio is hosting outdoor visitations on Thursday, October 1 from 9-11am. To schedule a visit, please email MeadowsVisitations@mmliving.org.
- The Menger Springs community in Boerne is hosting visitations at all levels of living next week. To schedule a visit, please follow the guidelines provided to you by the Executive Director.
- Independent Living visitations continue to be designated to outside visits only.
- The recent positive cases at The Meadows Skilled Nursing has eliminated the possibility of conducting visitations at this time.
- Visitations at all levels of living at both communities will only be available if our residents and staff remain COVID-19 free.
Morningside Ministries remains committed to transparency surrounding COVID-19 at our communities, while also respecting the privacy of those involved. We will continue to provide you with weekly updates on our efforts to combat COVID-19. Thank you for your patience and continued support while we navigate through this challenging situation. Should you have any questions, please contact your respective administrator.
President & CEO